778-300-4898 info@gercanada.com

How does it works and minimum requirements

So, what is it?

Express Entry is a point system that the Government of Canada uses to pre-qualify people with possibilities to immigrate to Canada.

In other words, the Canadian government evaluate your work experience, English level, and educational achievements and put that together to assign you points.

The Express entry system has also 3 main categories to pre-qualify you. These are:

– Federal Skill Workers
– Federal Skilled Trades
– Canadian Experience Class

However, categories such as Canadian Experience Class would require you to already have work experience as worker within Canada to qualify.

Although there is not a specific time for draws, every other week the IRCC ministry is issuing draws and announcing the minimum points required. Therefore all pre-qualified candidates who have the minimum points or more for that draw will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency. With an ITA, you will be required to submit your electronic permanent residency application within a specific period of time.

So minimum requirements for each category are listed in this article.

Federal Skill Workers

At least one year full time experience in a qualified position, in the last 10 years.

At least CBL 7 in your English test results.

Educational credentials evaluated by an authorized agency.

Federal Skilled Trades

At least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply.

Meet the minimum English test requirements.

Plan to live outside Quebec.

Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.

Canadian Experience Class

At least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply.

Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening).

Have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization.

Plan to live outside of Quebec.