Thank you for your interest in becoming a Canadian citizen! Use this form if you are a permanent resident over 18 years of age.
CONTACT INFORMATION 7. How can we contact you about your application?
Note: A representative can be paid or not. If your representative is paid, must be a member of: a law society of a province or territory, the Chambre des notaires du Quebec, or the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
ASSESSING YOUR ELIGIBILITY
16. Prohibitions: To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you cannot be prohibited under the Citizenship Act. Please read the situations tha prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen and select the applicable statement below.
1. Are you now?
2. Are you noe serving a sentence outside Canada for an offence?
3. Are you now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to:
4. Are you now, or have you ever seen, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada?
5. Are you now under investigation for, charged with, on trial for, subject to a party to an appeal relating to, or have you been convicted of a war crime or crime against humanity?
6. Have you directly or indirectly misrepresented or with held material circumstances relating to this application,
or in the 5 years immediately before the date of your citizenship application, were you prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the Oath because of misrepresentation or withholding material circumstances?
7. In the 10 years immediately before the date of your citizenship application, was your Canadian citizenship taken away (revoked) for reasons or false representation, fraud, or knowingly concealing material circumstances?
In the 4 years immediately before the date of your citizenship application or since you submitted your application, have you?
9. While a permanent resident, have you:
a) CONGRATULATORY LETTER
Federal Members of Parliament (MPs) send a letter of congratulations to new citizens in their ridings. Do you authorize IRCC to forward your name, residential address, and preferred official language to your Member of Parliament? No other information will be forwarded.
b) NATIONAL REGISTER OF ELECTORS
Canadian citizens who are 18 years of age or older have the right to vote in federal elections and referendums. Elections Canada needs your authorization to add your name to the National Register of Elector which is used to produce the voters list for federal elections and referendums.
c) QUÉBEC'S PERMANENT LIST OF ELECTORS
Request for Authorization
In Québec, the permanent list of electors is used to compile the list of electors used in provincial, municipal and school elections. If you are 18 years of age and older and reside in Québec, to make sure that you are on the list of electors (voters) the Chief Electoral Officer of Québec needs your authorization to add your name to Québec's permanent list of electors.
I agree to advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship if any information on this form changes before I take the Oath of Citizenship.
I understand the content of this form. I declare that the information provided is true, correct and complete, and that the photographs enclosed are a true likeness of me. I understand that if I or someone on my behalf, makes a false representation, or commits fraud or conceals any material circumstances relevant to my application, I could be prohibited from becoming a citizen for 5 years, my citizenship could be revoked and I could be charged with an offence as provided for under the Citizenship Act or the Criminal Code.
Notice: IRCC may verify the authenticity and accuracy of any documents you have provided in support of your application for an adult grant of citizenship with the body that issued the documents.