1. Application for Canadian Citizenship – Adults (CIT 0002), fully completed, signed and dated.
2. On-line Physical Presence Calculator printout, or the form How to Calculate Physical Presence (CIT 0407) fully completed, signed and dated.
3. Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents covering the five (5) years immediately before the date of your
application. If these documents are not in your possession, provide an explanation in question #14 on the application form and see Step 4.14
Complete the application form of the instruction guide.
Note: if your passport validity was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s).
4. Use of rep Signed. Download and sign it.
5. Photocopy of proof that demonstrates adequate knowledge of English or French.
6. Photocopy of personal identification, it must have your name, photo and date of birth on it. If there is information on both sides of your personal
identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
7. Two (2) citizenship photos. Citizenship application photograph specifications here.
8. Submit the following if any of this applies to you:
8.1. Translation of any documents that are not in English or French with an affidavit from the translator.
8.2. Date of birth correction, name change or change of sex designation.
8.3. Original police certificates or clearances from each country or territory where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. If you are unable to obtain a police certificate, tell us why in the space provided in question 10 of the application form. Consult for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country or territory.
8.4. Completed Request form for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404).